Wednesday 6 October 2010

Press Statement 06/10/10

The owner of the new-look Weston Grand Pier today announced that it is hoped it will be open in time for the October half-term holidays.

Pier owner Kerry Michael made the following statement today:
Ever since the devastating fire of July 2008, the public interest in the Grand Pier has been immense.

“We continue to be surprised every day by the amount of interest in this wonderful iconic structure and I would like to share with you our forthcoming plans as we work towards the re-opening of the Grand Pier and Pavilion.

“We continue to work closely with our main contractors John Sisk and Son who have today confirmed that they expect to complete their works on the Pavilion by Friday the 22nd of October.

“They have also confirmed that we will have access from today to start fitting out the building with our fixtures and fittings.
“Assuming this all goes to plan, we believe that we can open in time for the school half-term holidays starting on October 23rd.

“We are confident that the new Pavilion, with its state-of-the-art rides, attractions, function rooms and wedding venues will be a big hit with locals and tourists alike.

“We have a full diary of events scheduled throughout the winter season including Christmas Parties and Boxing Matches. We will also be hosting the Grand Final of Miss Great Britain on December 4th.

“We have spent an incredible amount of time and money to deliver what we believe is the best Pier on the world. We hope you think so too.

Thank you.

11 comments:

  1. cool my kids are going to love it well done
    to all the people that were involed to make
    it happen .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant news.

    Well done and all being well, I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last, well done to all concerned l bet its a great relief to you all to have finally got everything dealt with. What a date to start ,my grandsons 14th birthday, he and his sister visited us and we all came to the pier 2 days before the fire l doubt it will be open for many days before they arrange to visit again now they will be old enough to go on a lot more things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i hope they show my bit on points west, with me talking about the pier. i was so honoured to see it before everyone else, and i can guarantee that it is sooo worth the wait! it echoes the return of the original seaside pier, and incorporates every activity that was ever popular on them. this pier is a combination of the first two piers, which is the best possible outcome in the history of pier building. we must never let our architectural and social heritage slip away. brighton west pier is a stark reminder. weston's grand pier is lucky to have kerry and michelle to aid its rescue. they are its saviours

    ReplyDelete
  5. my 6 year son will be pleased,he has a passion for piers especially this one,it will make his day

    ReplyDelete
  6. we will be there on your first day we have missed you so much the last two years but we have watched you grow again we still love you evan after 70 years

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pier turned out to be what i feared it would be,..Just a big amusement arcade..Rides are boring,arcade machines are all old,and everything is just priced far to much..

    £10 for a 4 minute go on the f1 simulator!!!!!
    What a joke..with only one track and car to choose.....

    Its still a "walk on walk" off pier like it always was...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Michael,

    I and my youngest son came to the pier on 26-10-10. I have to say it was the most fantastic day and an experience we shall both never forget. The pier is a wonderful achievement and I have to say it brought real happiness, fun and enjoyment to us and I'm sure I can speak for thousands of others visiting. The rides were just amazing and I felt were pretty good value for money as with the go carts, it was a good few goes around the circuit. My son and I loved the psycadilia, it was really good fun and unique. The tea room was spectacular and the food was superb. The staff looked so smart and colourful and were so polite, helpful and extremely courteous, they really have done you proud. Of course the icing on the cake for me, apart from winning a souvienr teddy, was when I saw you in the icecream sundae cafe at the end of the day. I must apologise now for interupting your phonecall, but there are some moments in life one just has too embrace and this was one of them. I just so wanted to tell you in person what a fantastic day we had had on the pier, and just how much joy it will bring to young and old. I hope I didn't frighten you, this bedragled woman coming up to you out of the blue, but I had endured wet weather and the experience of the drenching of the incredible 4D cinema. Anyway, thank you again for such an amazing experience! Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Kerry Michael

    I apologise for the above mistake with your name. Rushing to tell you my views. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Janet

    Thank you very much for your kind words and for visiting the Grand Pier, I am delighted that you and your son enjoyed your visit.

    Please don't worry about 'frightening' me, I don't scare too easy!

    Thanks again for your visit and we look forward to seeing you and your family back on the Grand Pier soon


    Kerry Michael

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. 부산그랜드룸

    ReplyDelete